Just a side now about the situation today on 10/26/2019 - Northern California once again has wildfires in October - so 2019 mirrors 2017 with fires near me with my looking down my street's slope at a fire's smokey cloud cover in the distance is the same view I have this morning. Honestly It depresses me so much. Unlike 2017, we are much more prepared from having supplies to be ready to go, and of course flashlights, but also dog food & leashes & a containment area for our pets. And we have a spirit of resilience, too, that wasn't there. It sounds like future Octobers (with the typical high winds) will look like this one - planned power outages and a capacity to be prepared to evacuate. If I have the stomach for it, I'll blog more on this.
The real reason for my post is the fact that I'm headed to a caregiving conference & setting up to do lots of presenting. This weekend I'll prepare the materials for handouts and have asked people to help me with art installations for my co-led panel on "Being the Wind Beneath Your Wings" and another topic area of resilient caregiving. More on this soon. In the meantime, the focus is on safety & readiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Caregiving Blog -A New Focus Shift in 2026
NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST BLOG RELATED TO FAMILY CARE/CAREGIVING. STAY TUNED FOR A NEW BLOG 2026 (AND ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ...
-
NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST BLOG RELATED TO FAMILY CARE/CAREGIVING. STAY TUNED FOR A NEW BLOG 2026 (AND ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ...
-
My dad's art of wine country hot air balloons was something I posted on my SmartsAtHome.com site & twitter account in a post today....
-
My dissertation at University of San Francisco (I'm a 2013 grad) dealt with caregiving across generations. My study was published by Sc...

No comments:
Post a Comment