Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Following breadcrumbs to Sonoma

‪My dad's art of wine country hot air balloons was something I posted on my SmartsAtHome.com site & twitter account in a post today. He painted it about 3 years ago -well before my husband and I decided to make a move to wine country from the East Bay of the San Francisco area. It was a decision that somehow came upon us and I just can't recall how we arrived at moving to Sonoma. Was it proximity to wineries? The cost of living? The welcoming community? Or something that came from the ether/air?

Not sure but we are moving...a new start...a beginning like you feel when your perspective has changed and you see the world anew and get the sense of the smell of the freshness of life from the air above --just like in a hot air balloon. Dad, thanks for this metaphor. I hope you are smiling from heaven as I post your art. I found his photo of a toast and all I can think is, "Here's to a new beginning...l'chiam (to life)".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Caregiving Blog -A New Focus Shift in 2026

NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST BLOG RELATED TO FAMILY CARE/CAREGIVING. STAY TUNED FOR A NEW BLOG 2026 (AND ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ...