Monday, February 5, 2018

Therapeutic Animals (without the "Therapy Dog" Certification) for a family who is caregiving


Domesticated animals are such a comfort. I have 2 dogs who are both rescue dogs and they make me so happy when I see them. And studies show that having a pet at home is good for not only adults, but kids who benefit from reduced allergic reactions. AND to my surprise people with Alzheimer's even benefit (as well as their caregivers). This article gives all the specifics https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/features/health-benefits-of-pets#1 which I urge you to read.

Of course a puppy who is going through potty training, or an aggressive dog or cat who pose an inconvenience or safety threat do not fit this category of pets that bring comfort. But mine do and that's what I'm here to share today. Just some photos of my animals and a sharing of how much joy they bring me. My dog "Flash" (who is black with a white thunderbolt on his chest) is also featured in my kids book called, "My Grandpa Wants to Get a Porcupine" if you want to check it out on Lulu.com or Amazon or your favorite book retailer online or at a storefront.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Caregiving Blog -A New Focus Shift in 2026

NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST BLOG RELATED TO FAMILY CARE/CAREGIVING. STAY TUNED FOR A NEW BLOG 2026 (AND ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ...